The programme lasts for 3.5 years
(7 semesters). The total number of course hours is 2619 per person
- 1105 of lectures for all students in the same year
- 341 hours of classes (for groups of 32)
- 1101 hours of laboratory and project related classes (for groups of 16)
- 72 hours of project related classes (for groups of 8)
Students of Operation Engineering may choose from among the following specializations:
- Hybryd Propulsion Systems
- Single-Track Vehicles
- Low Power Combustion Engines
Operation Engineering is a new course of study among those offered by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. The innovative, so-called "American" model of studying allows students to get acquainted in their first year with the possibilities offered by all programmes available at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, both on and off shore. This allows the students to choose a land or maritime career as late as during their second year of studies.
An individual approach to each student is a requirement of modern times and a response to the expectations of young people. They are looking for mentors, new horizons and tailor-made solutions at university. Knowing this, we want to make studying comfortable for our students and enable them to find their own way.
Our original study programme enables graduates to obtain a first degree qualification in Operation Engineering, and in particular to prepare for the supervision, operation and diagnostics of machines and technical equipment in various areas of life and industries. Moreover, we uniquely offer 7 semesters of extended English language, both general and professional.
As a graduate of Operation Engineering you will be prepared for:
- carrying out the manufacture process, assembly, operation and recycling of technical equipment;
- carrying out work supporting the design of simple engineering tasks;
- deciding on the selection of engineering materials used as components of machines and supervising their operation, mainly in production and repair plants;
- functioning in sustainable waste management structures;
- organising, managing, operating and apprising the technical condition of facilities covered during the education process;
- coordinating work related to the long-term operation of facilities and equipment.
This study profile ensures the acquisition of competences concerning, among others, modern operation, information and digital technologies and the use of other modern tools supporting the work of an engineer. These skills are indispensable in the course of a professional career in the sector of enterprises and public administration bodies whose activities are connected with mechanical engineering, mechatronics, diagnostics and machine operation in its broadest sense.
The practical training, of a total duration of 6 weeks, is provided in industrial plants, manufacturing or repair. The aim of practical training is to provide students with basic knowledge and skills in the operation of business entities and develop skills of adapting to current labour market conditions.